About Rick Morris
"Morris is well known for the creativity
and enthusiasm he brings to the classroom."
David smollar, los angeles times
Award-winning educator and author Rick Morris is a recognized specialist in the field of classroom management and student motivation. A gifted speaker with a proven talent for inspiring educators of all ages, Rick's up-beat, on-target workshops have empowered countless teachers to incorporate his exciting and innovative management tools into their own classrooms.
- Selected as a mentor teacher in 1986 for the San Diego Unified School District, the ninth largest district in the United States.
- Chosen as an EXCEL Special Nominee by the Corporation for Excellence in Public Education for: "...the extraordinary work you do, and have done, for our kids."
- Received the HATS OFF TO TEACHERS award for: "...teaching excellence and his positive effect on students."
- Listed in four separate editions of Who's Who Among America's Teachers.
- Has written and published four books on education: The New Management Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide for Creating a Happier, More Productive Classroom; Tools & Toys: Fifty Fun Ways to Love Your Class; Class Cards: How to Get Your Class in the Palm of Your Hand, and Eight Great Ideas: Simple Ways to Transform Your Teaching.
- Has invented and produced four classroom tools: DOOR BLOK, Flip Writer, Binder Stand, and LOCK BLOK.
- Received the Distinguished Contribution to Education Award from Phi Delta Kappa, the national honor society for education, in recognition of: "...the outstanding work you've done with new teacher intern programs."
- Designed and produced an iPhone app that is enabling teachers to dramatically boost student engagement.
- Currently conducting seminars around the country in addition to writing about effective teaching.